Monday, August 29, 2016

I think what most adults fail to realize is the fact that this isn't the 70s or the 80s or whatever era it is they came from anymore. This is 21st century. It slightly annoys me when I see adults posting videos making fun of teenage girls taking selfies in a clothing store, like, what's your deal y'know? They're 16 and they wanna take photos of themselves and make stupid faces, it's not hurting you or anyone around them so why can't you just let them have fun?

And the whole deal about how the younger generations are always connected to their technological appliances and whatnot and how "back in your days..." let me just stop you right there, you clearly said it yourself, back in YOUR days, this isn't YOUR days, repeating what I said, this isn't the 70s/80s/90s, this is the 21st century. Stop comparing what you didn't have the privilege of having back in your days to how it is now. I am 500% sure if advanced technology existed "back in your days" you'd be the exact same too.

Or when adults start with "when I was your age...", well you're not my age anymore, this isn't 30 or 40 years ago, back then having a $10 bill in your wallet made you hot shit, but in the present day $10 isn't that big of a deal. 

When you were my age, job opportunities were booming.
When you were my age, countries weren't as corrupted.
When you were my age, completing junior high was already an amazing achievement.
When you were my age, when you were my age, and so on and so forth.

Times have changed and as adults, shouldn't you be more understanding, open minded and more ready to accept change? Stop giving the younger generation so much shit over irrelevant things just because "back in your days" it wasn't like that and "when you were my age" we'd be like so and so and this and that. Because:
  1. this isn't your days anymore
  2. you aren't my age.



No comments:

Post a Comment