“Do you remember who you were before the world screwed you over?” 

“I remember having my rose tinted glasses planted firmly at the bridge of my nose.”

“You used to stand at bus stops, biting your nails for a miracle you weren’t sure was coming. You were so alive then, you were like running electricity through water.” 

 
“Do you think I’m dead now?”

“I think you need to remember to stop clinging to all the ways you were hurt, or how people didn’t live up to your expectations. All those times you fell down and scraped your knee and the cut wouldn’t stop bleeding. You’re disappointed everytime you meet someone who doesn’t fall straight in love with you."

Popular posts from this blog

"Some people come into your life just to teach you how to let go."

First generation immigrants | Ijeoma Umebinyuo